kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

03/14/2010 - Busy weekend...





I take photos for a lot of reasons: to tell a story, to capture a memory, to frame and hang on the wall, or to show something unique to name just a few.  The photos today capture two memories for me - neither I'll be hanging on the wall.

The first is that this was an incredibly busy weekend.  I took mom home Friday evening, we visited with dad, I chastised them for their poorly behaving pooch (as opposed to my extremely well behaved pooch seen below hanging on her bed), we laughed at the antics of the two dogs together, I did some shopping (and got the sweater dryer you see above - who knew those things were so darn hard to find!! - and I got a new bedding set for the master bedroom which is going to set the stage for an entire room redo that's been two years in the making, I worked (cause five days of slaving just isn't enough anymore), we went to Andrew's play, we went to church (where a friend recommended the book 'The Help' - has anyone read it - I'm thinking about it for an upcoming trip, and we went to see my niece Amanda's "new house" where she'll live after she's married.  After getting home it was laundry (every stitch of clothing except the clothes on my back are now clean) and house cleaning where I finally hung hooks in the pantry for some of my larger skillets and cleaned out the corner cabinet in my kitchen.  It's amazing how such little, little actions can make you feel so much better.  Neither task took more than 20 minutes but I feel loads lighter.


The second photo commemorates this ongoing funny story that has developed in our family and friends.  If you know me well you know that I have very little fashion sense.  I try very, very hard to dress in a stylish manner and look my best, but it doesn't always work for me.  Things I think look good just don't seem to.  There is some sort of disconnect between my eyes, the mirror, and my brain.  We have some pretty firm proof now that it's a genetic disorder.

A few weeks ago I wore the brown shoes you see in the middle above while I was at my folks house.  They are relatively new shoes and I was commenting on my grown up "Mary Janes".  My mom gave me a rather sideways glance and asked what a Mary Jane was.  I believe the very asking of the question should clue you in as to the level of fashion consulting I had while growing up.  Mom's a beautiful lady and always manages to look nice, but fashion has NEVER been her thing.  Put her in a kitchen and she'll give you a true education, but don't take her clothes shopping. 

The story line continued Saturday night at Andrew's play when I was wearing the black shoes shown above and a friend of Mom's commented that she'd been looking for a pair of shoes just like it - how she loved that Mary Janes had come back into style for women.  I recounted the story of the Mary Janes to her and mom got a bit of ribbing the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Well I feel really stupid. I was sharing your blog with my Heather and learned if you scroll down there is more to the page. I think Heather will be doing a blog also. I enjoy your pictures and your blog.

    ReplyDelete