kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

03/31/2010: An all too short evening in DC

My conference in Baltimore ended today.  Since I was already near Washington, I'd arranged with one of our main vendors, that is headquartered in DC, to spend the day talking about future strategy with them.  Our sales rep flew in to Baltimore, picked me up from the conference, and we drove down to DC.  I only had about 90 minutes free before our dinner meeting that evening.  Luckily the weather was amazing and it was just a short walk from the hotel up to the National Mall.

I get nearly giddy when I'm in DC.  I always forget that until I'm there - but I LOVE that city.  I really, really need to plan a trip and stay for a week or more and take in all the museums and sites.  I've not done that in years and it's a trip I should make again soon.

The atmosphere on the mall was very excited since the weather was so beautiful.  It was fun to see people flying kites (can you spot the one in the photo below - not sure if that airspace is clear or not) and to see moms and dads out with their kids - lots of toddlers pushing strollers - not a whole lot of riding. 
On the way back to the hotel I grabbed this fun shot...don't worry - I was never in any danger.
And I even got a taste of home...




I can't wait to go back and enjoy DC again.



I think this is the "News"eum in DC - I loved the outside

1 comment: