kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, April 4, 2010

04/04/2010: Remembering Uncle Al





My Uncle Al passed away on Friday, April 2.  He had been ill for quite a while so his death did not come as a surprise.  Uncle Al was a rock, gem, and shell collector and as I passed by this window ledge in mom and dad's house this weekend it made me think of him.  Many of us in the family have a small collection of rocks, shells and other natural objects - I think partially inspired by the beautiful ways Uncle Al used to display his treasures.  One of my most treasured possessions is a tray of shells he mounted for me that I received as a child.  I need to find a better place to hang it so more people get to see it in my house.

1 comment:

  1. I love the story behind the picture, the rain drops on the window are a nice touch that adds to the story. Great job.

    ReplyDelete