kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

04/08/2010: Other Creative Endeavors

I have an interest in all forms of art. However, I usually consider myself a viewer - not a doer. This foray into photography is about as artistic as I get. However, while I was at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago they had this watercolor pencil set that came with these three tiles. The tiles were mounted canvas with butterflies printed on them.
The object was that you were supposed to color the butterflies with the pencil and then use the brush and water to mix the colors. This is my result. It took about three nights to get it all done (one was while I watched the Butler Bulldogs take on Duke in one of the most classic basketball games ever played so I can't say I was paying full attention to the painting, but it did help keep me calm).
I don't know that I'm terribly excited by the result but it has inspired me to play around with the pencils and brush a bit more, try some different color combinations and maybe think about something else I might do in the future. I'm thinking of hanging these in my bathroom for the time being as I have a pretty candle with butterflies on it that these woulc compliment nicely. Overall a fun project even if I tend to think they look like a youngster did them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment