kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

01-04-2010, Day 004


It's so cold here today that I just couldn't bear taking photos outside. I took a few different shots in the house and my office today and actually liked a couple of them. This wasn't one of the ones I necessarily liked, but it's one I have to celebrate and commemorate. This little guy was my Christmas gift from my dad this year. It came wrapped in bridal shower paper (dad hadn't looked at the paper when he pulled it out the wrapping paper box - or so he said) and the tag read - "I wanted to give this to you before I croak - Love dad". He had gotten it in a white elephant gift exchange with his coworkers and immediately thought of me. I have a horrid dislike of all things amphibious and reptilian - as well as most rodents. Once, while hiking in Hawaii, I gashed my knee terribly when I crossed paths with a frog or toad (I can never tell the difference). My excuse was that I was trying to save the camera - which I did of course. But, truth be told it was really fear. So, today, I commemorate this gift from my dad. Jokes were told all around about how it is probably one of the most regifted items ever, but it's from my dad - I imagine it will be with me for a very long time - joke or no.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks very tropical! And from your Dad!! I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete