kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 004

It was back to work today and we started the day as we often do in my office - with cake.  The department I work in has new leadership, although I don't report to that department (I just work with them - ain't politics and organizational structure a grand thing?).  We celebrate all big happenings in our office - new employees, birthdays, retirements, babies, weddings, etc.  We eat a LOT.  The party was nice and a quick way to connect back with everyone after the holiday.

I'm not sure the temperature ever breached positive digits today, but I still found myself outside taking pictures at lunch.  I didn't like any of them - probably because I was hurrying so much to get back inside and get warm.  I ended up taking a couple in my office that I liked and then taking several more at home that I liked a bit better.  Sometimes - oftentimes actually - it's not the excellent photography that wins me in a photo but it's the memory the photo evokes.  Maybe that's because I rarely take excellent pictures.  But, then again, isn't that one of the points of this project - to take better pictures.  I'm so enjoying looking at the photos taken by others and commenting on their work. 

I'm excited for tomorrow as I'm going "on location" to take some shots at lunch time.  Nothing too exciting, but that's another goal - to live life a little more fully and experience more things in order to take more pictures. 

As for other goals, I worked out on my Wii fit this morning - it had been more than 200 days since my last workout - don't you hate how accurate that little thing is?  I have the Wii Fit plus so used it for the first time today.  I'm not athletic so making me think it's a game is a good thing when I work out.  I'll count that for moving a bit more for the week, although I hope to play around on the Fit at least two more times this week.  I'm planning a little geocaching for Saturday so hopefully I'll get that in too for the week - if the temperature at least breaks into the positive numbers that is.  A girl has her limits.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. oh my! That reminded me of my own promise to exercise more this year. So I wiped the dust of the wii fitnes board.
    (Oh! Let me think...It´s been...262 days since your last session!)
    arg that little bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @solveig - Congrats on grabbing the Wii Fit Board and giving it a go - I enjoy it when I do it, but I hate the idea of it - how silly is that!

    ReplyDelete