kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, January 21, 2010

01-21-2010: Day 021 I'm a little teapot...


It's cold.  It's raining.  It was dark when I went to work.  It was dark when I came home.  I'm not sure that I can ever really say it got light.  So, I did what any smart person would do.  I curled up in flannel jammies and I brewed myself a nice pot of tea.  Took this with the new Nikon 50mm f/1.4.  I'm in love with both of my lenses - haven't decided which is my favorite.  However, I seem to be giving this one a nice workout when I'm trying to "make" a shot as opposed to just taking pictures.  Since the rain and weather have pretty much confined me to the house I'm not sure that I can define the difference yet - but I'm one happy camera and lens owner.  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday.  I'm going to my first hockey game on Saturday.  Any tips??

2 comments:

  1. Leave the camera home, enjoy the game. Study the lighting, best position for the photo. Learn what you can bring into the field house, can you bring in your camera bag. Decide which lens would work best. You will go again and you will be prepared for taking the best pictures.

    After reading this--DO WHAT YOU WANT! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that´s a beautiful teapot! It´s cold and grey here as well, I´m in my jammies pretty much all the time...when I´m home that is ;)
    Have fun at the game, I´m sorry I don´t have any tips for sport photography.

    ReplyDelete