kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 007 - The one week mark

So - I've blogged every day for a week and taken a photo every day for a week.  I read somewhere that you have to do something 54 times in a row to make it a habit.  I'm sure you could make it any number you want, but I'm starting to get to the point where I couldn't imagine not blogging for at least a few minutes everyday.

I live in Indianapolis.  I've lived here for a little over two years. I've spent the majority of those two years either in my home or my office.  One of the reasons I wanted to take on a 365 project was to force myself to get out of the house and out of the office.  So far, it's working pretty well.  I've already taken pictures at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park.


From 01-03-2010
Today, I had planned to catch the "history of paper" exhibit at Central Library in downtown Indy. I saw another photo of the exhibit on Flickr and realized that it was closing this weekend so I wanted to go to see the paper sculptures installed in the main circulation area.  Central Library in Indianapolis is a beautiful blend of new and old architecture that was completed just a couple of years ago.  The main circulation area features beautiful tall windows that let in tons of natural light.  Even though the light wasn't all that great today, I still liked several of the shots.

From 01-07-2010
I loved the white in this shot - I didn't post-edit it at all - this was the raw shot. When I looked up to start taking photos, the way the light was hitting this particular "sculpture" just struck me.


From 01-07-2010

From 01-07-2010
I just thought all these "birds" were very cool. I took a bunch of shots, but these two were my favorites out of the batch.


From 01-07-2010
I don't necessarily think this is particularly good composition, but I loved two things about this photo. First, I loved the symmetry of it - sometimes you've just got to say to heck with the rule of thirds. Second, I liked that it allowed me to capture the mirrored outer wall of the new part of the library through the window. I wish I'd gotten to capture the exhibit on a sunny day when light was reflecting off of that wall - but the best picture is the one you're able to take at the moment you're able to capture it so...


I'm so enjoying this project and plan to stick with it. I love the comments and the community of photographers/creators who are on this journey are so much fun and so inspiring - thanks to all of you for a great first week and here is to 51 more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice photos from the exhibition. And I really like the perspective in the photo of the bridge

    ReplyDelete