kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, January 11, 2010

01-11-2010: Day 011 - We played the waiting game and I lost


Since I was working at our "war room" today I was on the east side of town near Fort Harrison so I drove over to the park at lunch to try to grab a few photos. I pulled into the parking lot near one of the trail heads and saw about 10 robins and a couple of squirrels playing in the trees. I was always taught that a robin red breast was the first sign of spring so I decided on this cold day to grab a shot of a harbinger of warmer times. I took a LOT of photos, and sadly this was the best of them - and I only felt it was passable after I played around with some color isolation and blurring masks. It did certainly make lunch so much more enjoyable to watch these guys frolic as if it was as warm as could be outside. Hope you're staying warm too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I was most recently trying to photograph a bird sitting on a street sign. As soon as I got close, it flew away! Your little bird hung around longer than mine. I like this picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shot, I like how you processed it, the colors really stand out.

    ReplyDelete