kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, January 29, 2010

01/29/2010: Day 029: Can't believe I've made it nearly 30 days

 
Got up from the desk to head downstairs to put the dog out and go to bed and realized - you didn't take a photo today.  Even after my friend Diana and I "spotted" each other with our camera bags today.  Diana - it was great to see you!
I have been rearranging some things in my bag and the Kindle had gotten placed on the floor in front of this stack of books that doubles as a coffee table.  Sometime last year I remember myself saying if I hadn't read any of them in a year they were all going to the library book sale.  Haven't read any of them...they are still here.  The "pile" of books in my Kindle is even worse.  I'm planning to read John Shelby Spong's most recent book - Eternal Life - during some upcoming travel time.  The Kindle is so wonderful for travel - I read like crazy when I'm on the road and away from all the distractions of home and the Kindle lets me do that without having to lug around heavy books.

I've been trying to catch a good photo of Dippy over the last few days with the 50 mm.  (Don't want him to get jealous since Fluffy has turned into the little photo diva cat).  Just can't seem to get a good one I like.  He just wants to come up and kiss the lens every time I lie down on the floor with him.  

Hope everyone had a good week - enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. It is so funny with the kindle. Initially I thought, I will never give up books, but now when I read about it and properly think about it, the Kindle is such a win. As you say for travelling (like you I read like a woman possessed then), for instantish access to books and as much as I like books on shelfs at the same time between us we read about 6 books a week - a lot from the library still quite a lot bought too - it just takes up so much space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have one, but haven't gotten one yet... Great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, you were concerned about not taking a picture and made it happen. I didn't make it happen yesterday! BUT made up for it today--what fun! Thank you for challenging me to do this.

    ReplyDelete