kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

01-18-2010: Day 018: A date with IndyPhotoCoach


I had my private instruction with an IndyPhotoCoach today. Walt was great - I learned so much about my camera and I have even more to learn. I'm posting this shot because it's my favorite of the ones we took while we were wandering around downtown. The statue is in front of one of the bank buildings downtown. Ordinarily I wouldn't have cared about the statue but we needed to find some subject matter to shoot so we shot this guy and his partner for a while. The composition of this photo is so much better than the first two I took on my own. Walt pointed out a lot to me (like how not to make the building look like it's leaning in the background - which was nearly impossible from my vantage point - but I know how now) and how to deal with a background that wasn't going to go away (the building). Don't judge the teacher on the student's work - I learned far more than is evidenced in the photo and I can't wait to try it all out and keep learning. Hope everyone has a great week!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yay good work! You´re so lucky to get a privat lesson! I´m starting a photo course tonight, I´m so excited :D

    ReplyDelete