kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, January 7, 2010

01-07-2010: Day 007 Snowy Commute


Even though this wasn't my favorite shot from today, it's the one I had to post as it summarized the day better than any other - it was just snowy and a bit gross here. I'm not a huge fan of snow anyway, but when you put it in the city - it just gets so dirty so fast. That's one thing I do miss about living in the country - large patches of clean, white snow in weather like this.

On the bright side (since they sun really never came out today I've gotta create that myself I guess), they closed school at 3 today so I did get home before it got dark which makes up for having to drive to work in the dark I guess.

Today was the first day snapping shots with my Tamron 75-300mm. I don't really know how to use my lenses to their full advantage and because this one doesn't have VR the shots are often shaky because I'm not always steady when I'm taking shots. However, I did take a few today that I really liked which I may put in my journal post for the day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Its kinda like that here too, the weather is crazy! I think this shot turned out good and captured what you were trying to capture, and thats the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this shot a lot. Did you step out of your car to take it? Brave!! Looks bitter cold! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete