kicki22. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 005

Another absolutely frigid day here today - it was the kind of cold where every time you take a breath outside you're a little afraid your lungs are going to freeze.  The weather outside is so cold and it's just so grey and gloomy that I wouldn't even know what to take pictures of outside.  It's funny how creative I'm willing to be to try to get one decent picture each day.  I am excited that I played with both the timer on my camera as well as the tripod today.  The camera was actually on the tripod to capture that shot of Fluffy.  I had planned a "location" shoot for lunchtime today, but work got in the way.  I'm trying to catch The World of Paper Exhibit at the Central Library in downtown Indy before it ends this weekend.  I just saw the advertisement for it a few days ago even though it's been going on since October.  An exhibit about paper doesn't sound all that interesting when you say it out loud but I'm a bit of an office supply junkie so I'm sure my odd brain will find it interesting even if no one else does.  Gonna catch that on Thursday if all goes as planned.

Work was one of those "how did it get to be 12:30?" kinds of days.  I was running behind all day, even though I wasn't doing anything that had been scheduled when the day started.  All in all, not a bad day - just a busy one.

I did a second day on the Wii fit this morning.  Wii Fit Plus actually has pretty awesome games/activities on it.  I'm already a fan of the bicycling activity - I'm not sure I've "pedaled" (you actually run in place to simulate pedaling) that much in the last five years  - but it was fun and I didn't realize I was actually working until it was over and I realized that I'd worked up a tiny bit of a sweat - which for me is saying something.  And, I guess if I believe the Wii that it had been more than 200 days since I last used this silly little thing then I have to believe it that I lost two pounds between yesterday and today.  Losing weight isn't the end all be all for me - I care a lot more about how my clothes look and feel - but a little positive reinforcement never, ever hurts. 

I'm closing today's post with a quote to help keep everyone warm on these cold days.  It was in the Real Simple daily email yesterday and as I read it this evening I realized even though the day may be especially cold, I've enjoyed all these things today so we'll have to call it a good day -

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." - Edith Sitwell

No comments:

Post a Comment